I have officially completed my Whole30 challenge and thought I would share a few things I learned over the course of the challenge, feel free to share your thoughts and encourage others to take on this "strictly-paleo" approach.
- The first three days my body was getting adapted to its new "diet". Although I spent too much time in the bathroom IMO, stick it out, it's worth it!
- When you haven't eaten anything sweet, sweet potatoes start to taste and feel like marshmallow-god-sent-gifts.
- My n=1 is that high fat + high protein = big headaches. I shouldn't be terrorized of carbs in the form of vegetables or fruits.
- PORTION CONTROL YOUR NUTS. They're tasty things and it' easy to end up doing through that whole bag of cashews.
- I can stomach dairy without any problem, however, wheat/gluten is a whole other thing. I tried some porridge after the challenge and it was apparent that I was intolerant to gluten/wheat.
Anyways I just wanted to tell anyone who's on the edge about paleo to give this challenge a try and see how it goes. It's a great way to get accustomed with your body and nix some toxic habits (IE sweeteners in my case).
asked byCatherine_7 (40)
Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!