Hello! Sometimes I am not super hungry and I don't want to eat a big meal with meat or fish. Then I would like to eat some veggie or fruit. Since I try to reduce fruit consume I like to eat some veggies, but which ones? What would you recommend as a raw veggie snack (that is nutricious and tasty)?
asked byMarc_12 (108)
Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!
on May 30, 2013
at 09:49 AM
- An avocado filled with some nut butter of choice in the gap, or just toped with honey/balsamic vinegar, cocoa powder, or even dijon maille mustard, pick your choice.
- Gaspachio with some chopped vegetables in it like onion, peppers, etc
- What about just a salad? You can rotate your types of salad, from more sweeter ones with some fruit in it to more salty based.
- They sell veggie chips in substitution to french fries and chips but honestly I don't trust them a lot, also don't conform your request of RAW hehe
- Sauerkraut with some topping (spices? balsamig vinegar?)
- Pickles mixed like cucumbers, small onions, olives, etc.
- What about berries? strawberries/blueberries/raspberries? they are ultra low on fructose. You can have them alone or top them with raw cocoa powder, honey, milled seeds or with coconut milk, or mixed with yoghurt, delicious! and addictive... :)_
on May 30, 2013
at 12:20 PM
I sometimes makes jars of veggies to eat in the summer. Prep on the weekend and have veggie snacks to eat all week. Here are some of my favorites.
Curried Carrot Salad (this is so yummy. I can eat the whole thing in one sitting if I don't stop myself!): http://kennedycircusunleashed.blogspot.com/2011/04/curry-carrots.html
Wilted Kale: Chop/shred a head of kale and toss in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and a dash of cayenne. Pound with a mallet until wilted. Put in jar and store in fridge. You can also do this with julienned zucchini or squash, less pounding.
Spicy Kraut Slaw (eat alone, or as a topper on green salad): http://kennedycircusunleashed.blogspot.com/2013/05/spicy-kraut-slaw.html
I also used to "quick pickle" mushrooms and cucumbers pre paleo, but I stopped doing that since I liked them sweet and I quit eating agave nectar. You may be able to find more paleo friendly recipes on google.