I made chicken broth with the whole chicken and when I was eating the broth I felt it tasted very strange. I stopped eating it, but I had some meat and at least a half a cup of broth.
When I started to separate the bones in the pot, I found some plastic floating around. Apparently, when I was taking out the bag with giblets, part of the plastic bag tore off and stayed inside the chicken.
After eating I felt very dizzy and now I have a horrible headache (I don't know what headaches are, never had them so I feel like I am dying).
I know I am not going to die (or at least I hope not) but I feel really awful. Any suggestions? I cannot take activated charcoal because it has additives and I was not able to find a pure one. Any natural remedies?
Thanks in advance.
asked byVB (15515)
Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!
on October 29, 2012
at 03:29 PM
We live in a world of plastic and unfortunately people end up eating loads of the stuff! How many times have I seen people microwave the hell out of something wrapped in plastic wrap or in some other soft plastic container.... and suffered no immediate ill effects.
The plastic that ended up in your soup does not sound to me like anything that needs treating. Feeling awful might be partly induced just by knowing the plastic was there and having a disgust reaction... so maybe have a break from any chicken soup for a couple of days and try to send your body the message that it's totally going to be fine.
on October 29, 2012
at 08:02 PM
I don't wanna scare you, but I would seriously consider taking a liver detox supplement (L Cysteine+Milk Thistle preferably.) I saw this show called My Strange Addiction and the people on this show are 10 kinds of screwed up and they eat/insufflate everything from toilet paper to hair to baby powder.
For some weird reason, they always seem to be fine even after eating these inedible foods. There was even one chick who literally SNORTED baby powder by the spoonful and another one who was addicted to smelling Napthalene (mothballs) and both showed no signs of lung damage. However, in one episode, there was this girl that was addicted to eating plastic cocktail swords and she ended up needing a liver transplant I think. Plastics are probably even worse for you than we're led to believe.