I am 28 years old and have been dealing with fatigue and brain fog for well over 5 years. I did an elimation diet about 3 years ago and has able to figure out the cause of my shortness of breath, headaches and neck pain - egg and soy intolence. I have been been eating very clean since then (besides eating out occasionally) and for the past few months I have been paleo, mostly AIP (no nuts, eggs, nightshades). Whenever I go to the doctor for bloodwork the results are all "normal". In the past I have had low iron, B12 and D - but levels have gone up since eating Paleo, eating fermented foods (veggies, kombucha and water kefir). Not sure if it is all in my head or if I just haven't got the right bloodwork done. Hoping I can figure out something. Thanks!
Other symptoms I have:
- Cold intolerance
- Usually constipated most days
- Always tired, especially in morning when I wake up - I feel the most awake usually around 11pm.
- Underweight (by usually 5-10 lbs)
- T4 Free: 1.07 (.76-1.46 ng/dL)
- FTI: 2.8 (1.0-4.0)
- T3 Total: .8 (.70-1.79 ng/mL)
- Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody: <28 (0-60 U/mL)
- TSH: .976 first time / 1.230 second time (.358-3.740 uIU/mL)
- Cortisol: 14.7 (mcg/dL)
- Ferritin: 69.3 (8-388 ng/mL)
- Iron+TIBC: % Saturation 28 (20-50%), TIBC Transferrin 379 (165-502 mcg/dL)
- Sed Rate: 3 (0-20 mm/hr)
- Folate: 16.4 (3.1-17.5 ng/mL)
- B12: 583 (193-986 pg/mL)
- Everything was within normal ranges on CBC and CMP (besides Chloride 108 mmol/L)
asked byamanda43 (0)
Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!