I am looking for an organic all-natural paleo skin care products. I haven't had too much luck with a lot of skin care products I have tried. I have found two websites that look very promising, and I have contacted them both. The first one is Vintage Tradition's body balm. Their body balm comes in different scents, and is made out of: 100% grass-fed tallow, olive oil, and essential oils. The second one is Tierra Mia Organics. Tierra Mia Organics website sells raw goat milk skin products, from soaps, to body creams. Their skin soaps only contain: raw organic goat's milk, coconut oil/palm oil, honey, and essential oil. Their skin body butter has preservatives in it such as: EDTA, phenoxyethanol, and ethylhexylglycerin. I would like help choosing one of these companies. I would appreciate it very much.
asked byStandout087 (30)
Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!
on January 04, 2014
at 08:58 PM
If you're looking for a good company, I highly recommend Primal Life Organics.
If you're looking to save some money, you can make many of the products you'd like to use at home using some ingredients from your local grocer/health food store.
Face wise, I use the deep oil cleansing method from Liz Wolfes Skintervention Guide.
- Warm water
- Face cloth
- Deep cleansing oil: Castor Oil OR Hazelnut Oil
- Nourishing oil (see below)
- Optional oils (see below)
Blend your oils using a small mason jar and use about 1 tbsp each time. If you have dry skin, mix 1 part castor oil (or hazelnut) with 5-10 parts nourishing oil. If you have normal skin mix 1 part castor oil (or hazelnut) with 5 parts topical oil. Add a few drops of the optional oil if you'd like.
To cleanse, soak the cloth in warm water until warm and wring out so it's ready after you apply the oil. Pour oil in your hands and rub together to warm and then apply in circles to your face. Once done, place the warm wash cloth on your face for up to 30 seconds and then wipe off the oil.
- Jojoba Oil (for all skin types, rosacea, eczema)
- Olive Oil (extra-nourishing oil, great for dry skin)
- Grapeseed Oil (all-purpose oil, for all skin types, sensitive or “disobedient” skin)
- Avocado Oil (eczema, psoriasis, or sensitive skin)
- Borage Oil (for skin prone to redness, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea or acne)
- Coconut Oil (for skin prone to fungal infections)
- Apricot Kernel Oil (for all skin types)
- Tamanu Oil (acne-prone skin)
- Emu Oil (dry or aging skin)
For the body, I moisturize with jojoba, coconut or olive oil. Primal Life Organics again also has some great body wash/soap and butter.