Hi all - so I've got celiac, MS, leaky gut, anemia, insulin resistance, fluctuating blood sugar/cortisol, hypochloridia and SIBO. kind of cured myself of PCOS just via eating PALEO (now get period regularly, but i still have insanely high DHEA) anyway, i could never find out why i cant lose weight. i am 5'8 and 177 now...just saw fat, sick and nearly dead and kind of want to try the juice fast (or at least replace some meals with lots of healthy juice) bu dont know if that's good for sibo? im reading so much conflicting into about how to kill sibo online it's insane - some say yes garlic, some so no garlic. some say overripe banana, some say just ripe banana...i dont know what to do! i actually feel pretty good but feel like i could use more veggies...should i get a juicer and have lots of veggie juice drinks a day and a paleo meal? or is juicing out bc of blood sugar issues and SIBO? and if you DO recommend juicing whayt should i put in it so that i actually feel full for hours? i will also read SIBO threads on this site but i looked up juicing and SIBO and nothing came up...thanks in advance for your help!
asked byKC_3 (146)
Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!
on July 05, 2015
at 02:54 PM
I had SIBO, was treated and got cured. SIBO is actually very easy to treat. I am surprised too many people are still suffering from it.
I advise you NOT to go into juicing. First of all, it will not cure your SIBO. I am not sure it will aggravate it, but it won't cure it, I promise. I don't even understand why you are looking into juicing, that should be the last thing on your list.
I know how you feel because I have an endless list of diseases myslef. The most important one is metabolic problems (I have hyperinsulenimia and problems with cortisol as well).
So, this is what I would do if I were you:
1. Go to the doctor, request a 3 hour lactulose hydrogen-methane test, do it and see what comes up. After that the doctor will put you on either on Rifaximin or Rifaximin plus another antibiotic. That will take care of your SIBO.
Your anemia is most likely caused by SIBO. The bacteria depeltes you of iron. Watch and read Dr. Siebecker, she knows everything about SIBO.
2. Make sure to keep your blood sugar in check. Low carb with every 2nd day more carbs for thyroids, vegetables and protein only. Find a good source of fat that agrees with you. No sweets, fruits, sugar in any shape or form.
So, here are some of my ideas. SIBO is just a side effect of some other major problem in your body. Most likely, insulin resistance. If you take care of that, SIBO won't return.
No bananas. Definitely no bananas. If you want to try something, buy some zucchinis, peel and boil them for a long time, mush them with a hand-held blender. It always worked for me, even though I am not fond of boiled zucchini!
Whether to eat garlic or not - it is up to you. Garlic is good for SIBO, but so many people (like me) react to it. See how your body reacts to it. If you are fine with garlic, there is no reason to give it up, it is good for you!
Now, HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT WHEN YOU HAVE TONS OF HEALTH PROBLEMS:
1. Start by hydrating. Drink at least 0.75 gallons of water every day. I drink Evian. It is expensive, but palatable. REMEMBER NOT TO DRINK TOO MUCH IN ONE GO. If you drink too much water at once, it might cause severe condition, possibly life threatening. Drink at least half a cup every 30 minutes.
2. On your plate you should have only three items: protein (Paleo-approved), vegetables (Paleo but no sweet potatoes) and your choice of Paleo fat. No fruit, no nuts, no cheese. Just that.
3. EAT SLOWLY. In fact, this should be #1 rule, because eating slowly is crucial for your weightloss. As a matter of fact, if you eat slow enough, you can pretty much eat anything you want. Slow means - small bites, take time between bites. One meal should last at least 30 minutes or even longer. The longer the better. Your brain will adjust to small bites.
4. Supplements and vitamins. I recommend Donat Mg water for magnesium, also make sure you get vitamin K2, it's essential. Also, check your vitamin levels. You might be deficient in many.
The weight will melt off if you follow the regimen above. Good luck!
on December 09, 2017
at 03:48 AM
I am curious on how to handle constipation with just meat and low residue vegetables....
on June 02, 2016
at 04:41 PM
Hey VB, I followed what you said on your answer and you're the only one who's been right.
No carbs, no sugar, no fruit. Meat and eggs only. with cucumber and tomatoes and zucchini as vegetables.
but my question is , for how long?
the 2nd I started on this diet. Ive been symptom free for the last 4 days.
with the exception of feeling deprived from no sugar or caffeine. so a bit fatique but 5th day today> I feel alert. HOw long should I keep going on this diet?