I've done my homework and I'm looking for someone to check my work.
I have started intermittent fasting (10/14 feed/fast) with a paleo diet. I tried it non-paleo and the food doesn't sit with me as well. So, egg whites instead of BCAA pre-WO, starchy vegetables/tubers for post-WO, etc.
- 26 year old
- ~136 lbs
- ~24% BF
- Lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks (graduation/birthday is coming up)
- Reduce BF to ~15-18%
- Gain some strength - not necessary but if it happens, cool; however, definitely not lose any lean muscle I already possess
- 1 hour crossfit
- 2 additional days/week of gym time-
Calculated calories via http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
- Maintenance: 1894 cal/day
- Fat loss: 1515 cal/day <-- aim on WOD
- Extreme fat loss: 1136 cal/day <-- aim on rest day
So, according to the LeanGains style of IF, it's recommended to have lower fat/higher CHO on WOD and higher fat/lower CHO on rest days.
My question is:
- Am I doing it right?
- Can I implement ketosis-inducing macros on rest days? (I'm not interested in bulking, at all)
So , something like:
- WOD: 189g CHO/ 132g Pro/ 25g F
- Rest: 28g CHO/ 56g Pro/ 88g F
P.S. Yes, I have a strong streak of neurosis/perfectionism in my personality and it works for me in my line of work so I <3 it very much. Please don't ask me to change.
Thank you in advance!
asked byJoyce_L_ (143)
Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!