I'm a paleo newbie who is trying to get lean and lose weight. I've been doing paleo for four weeks and I have not seen any changes. Surely I am doing something wrong. Do you have any pointers for me so I can reach my goals?
- 33-year old male. 5' 7". 151 lbs.
- BMI is 23.5. (Recommended for my stats is 19 to 25, so I'm on the heavy side.)
- Recommended weight for my stats is 127 to 159 lbs, so I'm on the heavy side.
- Objective: get lean and lose weight
What I eat
- Breakfast: I'll have a juice with spinach, kale, celery, lemon and apple.
- In between breakfast and lunch: Juice with carrots, lemon, beets and apple.
- Lunch: Green salad with loads sauteed vegetables, usually green pepper, red pepper, tomato and onion. Protein, usually chicken, fish or bacon.
- Dinner: Paleo chili (beef with loads of vegetables and spices) or paleo ratatouille (chicken sausage with loads of vegetables and spices).
- I go to the gym 5 days a week at 5 am. I do cardio (elliptical) for an hour and then some strenght training in the cruncher, chest press, pectoral fly and rotary torso machines. 32 reps in each machine.
- I go back to the gym after work every day and do cardio again for an hour. I enjoy it.
- After four weeks I haven't seen any changes. I have not lost any weight and my clothes fit the same.
- What am I doing wrong?
- What changes can and should I make to lose weight and get lean?
I'm looking forward to reading your replies.
Thanks so much!
asked bybaconisawesome (0)
Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!