So I'm trying to incorporate more offal into my diet but my body doesn't seem to be agreeing with it.
This is the third time I've tried cooking with lamb liver to only be left feeling nauseous after eating it. After eating it plain the first time and not liking the taste, I tried a few weeks later mixing it with kangaroo mince meatballs. About 2 hrs later I was vomitting like I had food poisoning and ill the whole night. I thought I had just gotten food poisoning because I maybe hadn't cooked it through properly, or the kangaroo mince was bad - I don't know what's to blame here.
Anyway, I thought I'd give it a 3rd try after another few weeks later and bought a new batch of lamb liver. Made a bit of a bolganese with lots of herbs, spices and mixng it with ground beef. I could still taste bits of the liver and I actually couldn't finish eating my meal because I started feeling a bit nauseous. As I was falling asleep a few hours later I still felt like I was gonna hurl but never did. Woke up this morning with a very sensitive stomach and a funny taste in my mouth.
I cooked up a pretty big batch of the bolganese last night and would like to avoid tossing it out but if it's going to make me feel nauseous like that, then no thank you. Does getting too much of a certain nutrient, say Vitamin A, cause this sort of reaction? Or am I allergic to the stuff?
asked byCoconutBliss (1930)
Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!