thought i would throw it out there and see if anyone has experience with this.
the last two years i have:
- gone to emergency numerous times prior to my period experiencing gastro like symptoms with severe cramping
- gained 12kg despite leading a healthy lifestyle of activity and paleo eating
- constantly battling exhaustion
- wake up in the middle of the night to pee, despite cutting back fluids
- decresed performance and energy in workouts
- loss of short term memory
- depressed, irritable, moody all the time. i cry way too much.
I have been to a number of GPs, had blood tests done, ultrasounds and they all came back fine.
So i went to see a naturopath who did a saliva hormone test. this test showed i have too much testostrone, oestrogen and DHEA. Which explains the symptoms above. i have been taking some herbs to rid the excess hormones and improve mood but it is taking forever and nothing is really changing. my naturopath believes that because i wake up to pee in the middle of the night i am not getting a full night sleep. i have tried taking natural herbs like karva but nothing is really working. i have also stopped training so hard to rest and relax. i cut out crossfit and now all i do is ride and run when i have the energy. i have also been doing some meditating to reduce stress. i am not stressed as life is pretty sweet aside from my ongoing health issue. i just feel i am at a loss with it all. i feel like i am not getting anywhere and nothing is improving. any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.
(oh and im 173cm, 80kg, 28%bf)
asked byVictoria_6 (30)
Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!