0

votes

What could be causing this? any ideas? - Fruit

Answered on July 18, 2014
Created July 17, 2014 at 7:08 PM

When I eat fruit, mainly something sweet like apples or grapes, I get a blocked nose. It clears again after an hour or 2.

Things like berries don't appear to do it.

It also affects the tubes in my ears and I can feel them full + popping too.

Could the sugar in these fruits be causing it in some strange way?

I dont think it is an allergy as nothing else is affected just the nose / ear tubes.

Appreciate any possible pointers

  • B6785198c35206cca62e9b81af9df5b9

    asked by

    (40)
  • Views
    1.3K
  • Last Activity
    1460D AGO
Frontpage book

Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!

3 Answers

0
B6785198c35206cca62e9b81af9df5b9

on July 18, 2014
at 01:01 PM

Thanks both _ will look in to that :)

0
0f8f77156cd0667d43194fc4b8bc3b5d

on July 18, 2014
at 03:24 AM

Perhaps you are not tolerating fruits with excess polyols or fructose? Check a FODMAPS chart for help clarifying this.

0
56c28e3654d4dd8a8abdb2c1f525202e

(1822)

on July 17, 2014
at 07:25 PM

Apples and grapes are known to have the highest BRIX of all commonly available fruits. That's why they make alcoholic beverages out of them. Try figs, also high BRIX, and see if that confirms it. The other option is malic acid, dominant in apples (malus=apple) but also the most abundant acid in grapes. Proper wine fermentation requires secondary fermentation of some malic acid to acquire a rounded flavor (malolactic fermentation).

Answer Question


Get FREE instant access to our
Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!