I would never ever intentionally consume food containing food colouring, especially carcinogenic azo dyes. However, I have been using food colouring as a lip stain/ lip stick since I was 14 years old and it works extremely well. I only use one drop, it looks pretty, natural, and stays on all day. The product I use has lots of nasty chemicals in it - E122 (Azorubine), Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate as preservatives
if I use this everyday, how much of the product am I actually consuming? I assume a negligible amount, is this bad? I haven't found a conventional lipstick that looks as good and I've tried many
asked byxkisso (0)
Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!
on July 25, 2014
at 11:21 PM
Of course it is, and subconsciously you know it is. One drop once a year will not harm you in the long run. One drop a day probably will in the long run.
We do have detox mechanisms, i.e. liver, but they might be overwhelmed due to modern products.
Whatever you put on your lips, you will likely ingest any time you autonomically lick your lips, and it's even worse than that, whatever you put on your skin, you'll likely absorb into your bloodstream, some things are even more toxic on your skin than if ingested because the digestion process offers protection by breaking things down where as if something makes it through your skin, that protection isn't there.