1

votes

Hack my air quality ("warm/heavy") related fatigue

Answered on August 19, 2014
Created February 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Hi! I have noticed I get very fatigued after a while of staying inside certain buildings. When I walk in I immediately feel the air quality differing from outside. Kinda feels "warm" or "heavy". After a while I start to feel more and more fatigued. If I go outside I instantly feel a burst of energy, and if I don't go back inside I feel good for the rest of the day. The air quality at home is good, and I never get the same effect here.

Anyone know what is wrong with me? :) And what I can do to fix it? Help will be much appreciated and probably quite life changing!

D31a2a2d43191b15ca4a1c7ec7d03038

(4134)

on February 25, 2012
at 04:53 PM

Some buildings have air circulation systems in which "air fresheners" are put. The "air fresheners" are actually petro-chemicals, which cause CNS damage. I get lots of symptoms from these so-called air fresheners. They are as bad as breathing gasoline fumes for hours, or worse.

D31a2a2d43191b15ca4a1c7ec7d03038

(4134)

on February 25, 2012
at 04:51 PM

Sound, I hope, too, that it is something simpler. Have you noticed if it is only buildings made of particular building materials? Also, could it be that when the air bothers you that you have been near people who wear clothes full of fragrances from laundry detergents, fabric softeners and dryer sheets? I can't be near any of that, or scented hand lotion, perfumes, after-shave, etc. I hope you can pinpoint the culprits. Am sending you lots of good thoughts. :)

E12d01c41ed41315112c753c752bd7e2

(50)

on February 25, 2012
at 03:51 PM

Thank you PaleoGran! I will let this information take some time to soak in. I don't really want to believe that it's chemicals. I always thought it was just "air quality". I can tell by how the air feels to breath through the nose. After 5-10 minutes my head starts to bog down. It's just so annoying to know I could feel better and be more productive somewhere else. Compared to some of the symptoms I read about, I am happy I have quite mild effects.

  • E12d01c41ed41315112c753c752bd7e2

    asked by

    (50)
  • Views
    1.5K
  • Last Activity
    1426D AGO
Frontpage book

Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!

1 Answers

2
D31a2a2d43191b15ca4a1c7ec7d03038

on February 25, 2012
at 02:01 PM

Sound, it could be fluorescent lights, EMFs, petro-chemical fragrances, mold in the building, and many other things. Some of us are more sensitive to unhealthy environments than others. Two more examples of toxic things in buildings: drywall dust and outgassing of plastics.

The Multiple Chemical Sensitivity folks have lots of info on how to take care of oneself in unhealthy environments.

It could very well be that there is nothing at all wrong with you, and that your body lets you know when there is much wrong with a building.

I don't have my links and bookmarks current for this, but I'm sure you can find much on the internet.

There are local support groups for folks who react strongly to toxic buildings.

I wish you much success with this. I know people who cannot shop, or go to offices, and have to wear masks when they go out.

Also, do as much as you can for your immune system. :) Completely clean food plan, supplements such as beta glucans, etc. A few common bits of advice: Avoid the laundry, detergent and candle aisles at the stores. Shop quickly. Use air purifiers, water purifiers, etc. Take your own purified water with you and avoid drinking water from other places. Limit use of electronics and even electricity altogether. There are longer lists on the MCS sites.

Am sending you lots of good thoughts.

E12d01c41ed41315112c753c752bd7e2

(50)

on February 25, 2012
at 03:51 PM

Thank you PaleoGran! I will let this information take some time to soak in. I don't really want to believe that it's chemicals. I always thought it was just "air quality". I can tell by how the air feels to breath through the nose. After 5-10 minutes my head starts to bog down. It's just so annoying to know I could feel better and be more productive somewhere else. Compared to some of the symptoms I read about, I am happy I have quite mild effects.

D31a2a2d43191b15ca4a1c7ec7d03038

(4134)

on February 25, 2012
at 04:51 PM

Sound, I hope, too, that it is something simpler. Have you noticed if it is only buildings made of particular building materials? Also, could it be that when the air bothers you that you have been near people who wear clothes full of fragrances from laundry detergents, fabric softeners and dryer sheets? I can't be near any of that, or scented hand lotion, perfumes, after-shave, etc. I hope you can pinpoint the culprits. Am sending you lots of good thoughts. :)

D31a2a2d43191b15ca4a1c7ec7d03038

(4134)

on February 25, 2012
at 04:53 PM

Some buildings have air circulation systems in which "air fresheners" are put. The "air fresheners" are actually petro-chemicals, which cause CNS damage. I get lots of symptoms from these so-called air fresheners. They are as bad as breathing gasoline fumes for hours, or worse.

Answer Question


Get FREE instant access to our
Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!