I am searching for ways to hack and improve my general state, weightloss and how to provide enough energy for daily activities. At this very moment im feeling tired on the bike, exhausted and can't seem to find the power that i used too. My muscles are sore, and it almost feels like they get extra sore after guzzling mct oil? Brain function is great, and I'm not really feeling sick or low carb flu like as others have described it. Im eating low carb and i am trying to get as much fat as possible. Weight loss is slow, 1,3 kg in 7 days. but i i can visibly see fat have gone by-by. I am 27 years old about 1.70 meters high and i weigh 79 kgs. (would love to get down to 70) and male
Here is what most of my other days look like:
I get up at 05.00 am.
I take 15 ml. of cod-liver oil .
i eat a proper vitamin/mineral supplement (non-synthetic)
I drink bulletproof coffee (80 gr. grassed butter, 20 ml. mct. oil and 18 grams of coconut oil. and 500 ml. high grade coffee made in a french press.
Then i get on my bike at about 6.30 and ride my bike to work (school) ( i see this as training and I'm looking to improve speed, strength and stamina) I burn about 350-400 kcal on the ride. It takes about 45-60 minutes depending on the weather.
Then i get to work and take a cold shower, about 10 minutes.
i teach and do other teacher stuff, and then i eat at about 11.30. (lightly steamed greens kale, cauliflower spinach broccoli accompanied by about 120 grams of meat+some shot of olive oil+20 gr. butter 1 avocado)
At about 13.15 i ride my bike home (about 350-400 kcal)a
When i get home i eat a slice of paleo-bread (seeds,nuts, egg and oil) with some grassed butter on it. Maybe a cup of coffee.
At 17.30-18.00 i eat dinner same vegs and meat.
before bed i swallow a teaspoon of mct. oil???feeding my brain before going to sleep.
Sunday i go on longer rides about 3-4 hours and i eat banana+dark chocolate on the ride+high5 tablets (caffeine+salt no-sugar) I try to eat some carbs the night before and the same morning. usually 100 gr. of rice or pasta.
Please give me some feedback on what i could do to improve my training and weightloss.
All the Best
asked byBjorn (30)
Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!
on January 17, 2013
at 06:24 PM
You cycle that much and I don't see you mentioning one dense carbohydrate source you consume. That is your problem.
- Stick with the coffee or not, but consider having a proper breakfast as you are expending a lot of calories cycling.
- "steamed veggies, meat, olive oil, avocado" ... do you really need the EVOO shot when you are eating an entire avocado? Up to you. Reduce steamed veggies, include potatoes|sweet potatoes|yams|squashes|yucca|plaintains|tubers|whatever. "*Meat(" -- let me guess: chicken? Make sure to vary it: beef, lamb, fish, more fish, fowl.
- Drop the faileo "bread" and find another snack for when you get home. If you are cycling that much, you have more options than most: eat nuts whole, fresh fruit, dried seaweed, whatever.
- "same vegs and meat" No. Do something else besides steam the veggies (e.g. lightly fried in coconut oil). Have a different kind of animal sourced protein than you did at lunch. Include potatoes|sweet potatoes|yams|squashes|yucca|plaintains|tubers|whatever.
- "usually 100 gr. of rice or pasta." ... so you're not paleo? I understand that many often include small portions of rice as it's the safest grain to consume, but pasta? No. Stop That. Yes to tubers - veggies that grow in the ground. Eat them. In your case, especially the day before a bigger training event.
I'm surprised you haven't keeled over yet at your activity level. Your diet is too low carb and possibly too moderate in fat. Up the carbs a lot from real food sources, and consider cooking your veggies and meat in fat.