Ok I know there's a million posts on blood owrk but I can't seem to find one relevant to me.
I got my blood work taken in December and then again last week. In the meantime I went ketogenic and increased my fat intake substantially. I feel better for it as it fixed an issue with food that I had but now I am worried about my blood work. I have put on weight but I do feel much better. My doctor wants me to start taking pills and now I am confused and worried!!
- Cholesterol - 6.57
- Triglycerides - 0.68
- HDL - 3.8
- LDL - 2.5
- Cholesterol/HDL Ratio - 1.7
- Cholesterol - 8.95
- Triglycerides - 1.16
- HDL - 2.68
- LDL - 5.7
- Cholesterol/HDL Ratio - 3.3
asked byRebecca_L (637)
Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!
on September 07, 2013
at 12:44 AM
The only numbers that scream "THIS IS NOT NORMAL" is the LDL number, and therefore the totals. The general slew of ratios are pretty good.
- Your Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio is: 3.33 - (preferably under 5.0, ideally under 3.5) IDEAL
- Your HDL/LDL ratio is: 0.473 - (preferably over 0.3, ideally over 0.4) IDEAL
- Your triglycerides/HDL ratio is: 1.058 - (preferably under 4, ideally under 2) IDEAL
High LDL is a thing that happens to some people on paleo-centric diets, and a good handful of people have reported that here.
There's a lot of info in that response article - definitely check it out, as it sounds like it applies to you exactly.