had acne for years, and I feel like everything in the world causes it. I have had some white vaginal discharge on and off for a few years, that doesn't burn but started after I took antibiotics for my skin for a few years. Then I tried diet and heavily with probiotics, but it never seemed to work unless I eat basically nothing but lettuce, which is just awful. I don't get tummy aches or anything from fruit or potatoes, which I just started eating again. My skin is breaking out slightly with more fruit and potatoes, but blah. They make me full and happy.
and they are pretty much as natural as one could get. I feel like I probably totally have a candida overgrowth, so I just recently started anti-fungals but I'm still eating starch from potatoes and fruit. I am just so sick of these candida diets.
So many people have had success with probiotics, so I think that's a main factor. But I don't think the probiotics work unless the candida is wiped out.
I can't just eat apples for three days, or just meat for 3 days. I won't get enough calories on campus (college) and it's not totally satisfying.
I dunno what to eat, how to eat, I hate worrying about eatinggg. My skin is softer and looks healthy, but is breaking out a bit. Sigh.
I just wish I could live of fruit, potatoes and meat and not have acne or candida.
I'm sick of people telling me my skin is hiding my beauty.
asked byCrystal_desperate_and_confused (20)
Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!
on December 02, 2012
at 04:37 AM
- Stop the antibiotics. I also have gone through several courses since age 15 and they do terrible damage to your gut. They also only treat symptoms, not the underlying problem. The same with accurate. Do not take that stuff!!
- How do you clean your face? I use the oil cleansing method at night and organic raw honey in the morning. Much better than the horrible chemicals I used to use of my face!
- How is your sleep? How is your stress? You sound stressed out! I know first hand acne can be stressful, but you have to remember that stressing about it could be making it worse! Check out thelovevitamin.com Tracy does an excellent job of going over the importance of keeping stress levels in check. she also has great resources on getting rid of acne!
- Here are some things I do: I take cod liver oil/butter oil blend from green pastures in the morning with breakfast. I eat paleo and notice that when I cheat with sugar, my skin is not as happy. Also anything containing peanuts freaks my skin out. This may not be the same for you, I just wanted to share my experience.
- Experiment with your cosmetics, lotions, sunscreens etc. I used a neuter agenda moisturizer for a while, even after switching my cleansing routine. I'm pretty sure it was a cuprit, because breaks out further reduced when I removed it from my routine.
- Are you on birth control? I should have listed this as point 1, because it was the most significant change in my skin. I switched from the patch to the copper IUD. I know it's not for everyone, but I fully believe it was a great decision. My cystic acne disappeared when I stopped putting hormones in my body and focused on eating clean.
- Be patient and be positive. Also, don't listen to people telling you your skin is hiding your beauty. Maybe it is, but you sure as heck don't need them reminding you. Comments like that do not help, they hurt. If someone wants to talk to you about your skin, it should be to help you find a solution, not to put you down!
I went through what you're going through now and I know how hard it can be. You'll get through it though! I did! Stay positive!
on December 01, 2012
at 04:29 PM
buy cinnamon it helps with learning plus its a anti fungal and helps it control blood sugar spike And it's cheap. take zinc during the night time simple reason you pee it out during the day. that goes for all vitamins you take. no point buying a 30 pound bottle of zinc just to piss it out during the day :D. Try doing one week only doing cold water face dunks for 30 second then the next week do hot water face dunks. I bet you cold water ones will make your face look better.
on December 01, 2012
at 01:29 AM
consult a dermatologist and perhaps get isotretinoin... the treatment is cheap and effective, with moderate risks. I was reluctant to it for years, and when I was finally fed up with acne, I went for a consultation. Time is precious [corny but true] don't waste it bcoz of acne :) you should also use a soap preserving your lipidic film you skin [say Aleppo soap] try to eat livers since they are full of vitamins B B12 is known to increase breakouts, B6 less but B6 is more important
to judge if the probiotics worked, look at your hair and check if they were less greasy , smell less after a few days; if not, then something was wrong
on November 30, 2012
at 05:49 PM
In addition to eating healthy Crystal, I really want to encourage you to take some Vitamin A supplements along with Vitamin D (to avert Vit A overdose) along with zinc piccolinate. Zinc and Vitamin A can really help with a condition like this and I encourage you to check it out.