I know I get stomach pains when I eat certain foods, and after paying attention to them for a while, I have noticed the worst offenders. However, I'm wondering if there is a common compound or "type" of foods that indicates something I should be avoiding.
- Almonds (soaked, roasted, finely ground- doesn't matter, they always cause me pain)
- other nuts (to a lesser degree)
- raw apples
- raw carrots (not as bad as apples)
- ice cream (I do fine with cheese and kefir, and regular milk doesn't seem to bother me too much although I never really have more than a couple of tablespoons at once- ice cream I have very rarely but I do have more than that)
- beans (horrible on my stomach but
I have stayed away from these for
Other "non-paleo" foods don't seem to bother me much; I can tolerate wheat surprisingly well. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or can provide another perspective!
Get Free Paleo Recipes Instantly
I think theres an explanation for each food u put here almonds etc - a nut allergy? raw apples and carrots - if you can tolerate the cooked forms that means you have trouble with the enzymes, which are broken down when cooked ice cream - I have seen 'locust bean gum' in a couple brands. since you you cant digest beans either that must explain it beans - advised against while eating paleo because they are have antinutrients which are bad for digestion
Your list does resemble FODMAPS, just because you can't handle some doesn't mean you can't handle all. I know someone who can't have a single apple because of the fructose or even avocado because of the polysaccharides, but no issues with beans