I know I get stomach pains when I eat certain foods, and after paying attention to them for a while, I have noticed the worst offenders. However, I'm wondering if there is a common compound or "type" of foods that indicates something I should be avoiding.
- Almonds (soaked, roasted, finely ground- doesn't matter, they always cause me pain)
- other nuts (to a lesser degree)
- raw apples
- raw carrots (not as bad as apples)
- ice cream (I do fine with cheese and kefir, and regular milk doesn't seem to bother me too much although I never really have more than a couple of tablespoons at once- ice cream I have very rarely but I do have more than that)
- beans (horrible on my stomach but
I have stayed away from these for
Other "non-paleo" foods don't seem to bother me much; I can tolerate wheat surprisingly well. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience or can provide another perspective!
asked byblur (1579)
Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!
on January 11, 2013
at 03:16 AM
I think theres an explanation for each food u put here almonds etc - a nut allergy? raw apples and carrots - if you can tolerate the cooked forms that means you have trouble with the enzymes, which are broken down when cooked ice cream - I have seen 'locust bean gum' in a couple brands. since you you cant digest beans either that must explain it beans - advised against while eating paleo because they are have antinutrients which are bad for digestion
on January 25, 2013
at 07:03 PM
Your list does resemble FODMAPS, just because you can't handle some doesn't mean you can't handle all. I know someone who can't have a single apple because of the fructose or even avocado because of the polysaccharides, but no issues with beans