I am wondering if anyone who is currently on the Paleo diet for some time and has CP have seen any effects. I saw the posts about a year ago regarding this subject and wondering if any other adults with CP have stuck to the Paleo eating have seen benefits?
Get Free Paleo Recipes Instantly
I've had CP my entire life, and the paleo diet has done absolutely nothing to reverse my circumcision.
Hi there, @heather 43. I haven't been on here in a couple years, but hopefully you see this.
I have CP, and have been Paleo / Primal for about three years. Paleo has helped with my CP, but a few things in addition to Paleo have been more impactful:
- Barefooting -- I was in a wheelchair for years. Barefooting (with Vibram five-fingers) built up my nerve response and got me to walking (with crutches). No chair now for about 3 years.
- Magnesium supplementation -- markedly helped with muscle spasticity and pain
- Collagen hydrosylate or gelatin -- helps with tendons / joints. I put it in my coffee at least 3 morinings a week.
- Curcumin supplementation -- helps with circulation and joint inflammation
- Standing desk -- this one I've only been doing for a week now, but I've noticed a marked improvement in my leg muscle tone, development, and endurance, in a week! If you can stand, stand more. Your body will respond.
Obviously this may not help everyone. But these things have changed my life, and slowly changed my relationship to my disability, too.