I've been on a paleo diet for almost 3 months now. Until recently I was eating very lean meat and lots of Salmon and hardly any carbs. I was losing weight well but this did not help with my Asthma symptoms.
About four days ago, after reading the Perfect Health Diet, I made these changes to my diet:
1. I started having white rice or sweet potatoes with my evening meal (more carbs)
2. Cut down on chicken and salmon a lot and started eating more fatty beef and lamb with my evening meal.
3. I'm having the same salad (romaine, tomato, avocado, olive oil dressing) for lunch but without any fish or meat now (I felt I just didn't need so much meat now).
4. I have boiled eggs for breakfast compared to scrambled eggs before.
These changes have caused two things to happen:
1. I no longer need snacks between meals because I feel full all the time (I was snacking on Terra sweet potato chips before, which contain vegetable oil and salt)
2. For the past two days now I have not had asthma at all and this never happens. I even have a cold right now which makes it even stranger. I'm hoping this isn't just a blip and I really am now improving my asthma but I'd like to understand what changes are most likely responsible for this. The great thing is that I am still losing weight.
Any feedback would be appreciated!
asked byandygrove (0)
Get FREE instant access to our Paleo For Beginners Guide & 15 FREE Recipes!